Savannah, known for its unique charm and beautiful historic architecture, offers visitors a diverse selection of sightseeing and activities. Walk through the oak filled parks and squares, shop on River Street, have lunch in City Market, stroll up Broughton Street, visit a gallery or art museum, go on a ghost tour, then have a great dinner, drinks and go out to the clubs and pubs. Savannah exudes of history, culture, entertainment, beauty, and best of all, southern hospitality.
Historic Savannah Must-Dos
- Take a tour of the city and discover the abundance of charm and beauty... or have a ghostly experience. We recommend Old Savannah Tours or take a Bonaventure Cemetery Tour.
- Savor the flavor of the city by visiting one of the many great restaurants. With so many to choose from it is hard to pick a favorite. Don't miss B.Matthews, Blowin' Smoke, Collin's Quarter, and East End Provisions.While there browse the surrounding unique galleries and shops filled with treasures including Red Clover Boutique.
- Discover the Juliette Gordon Low Birthplace, a historic house museum, which was Savannah’s first landmark building and the childhood home of the Girl Scout founder. Enjoy a lively guided tour about one of Savannah’s leading families.
- Park the car and walk the city. Savannah is one of the greenest, most pedestrian friendly cities in America. Visit some of the 22 beautiful park like squares or take a stroll down the cobblestones on River Street and watch the ships. TIP: Parking is free along the streets of Savannah after 5pm on weekdays and all day Saturday and Sunday.
- Some musts for families include visiting the Jepson Center’s hands-on ArtZeum, the Savannah Children’s Museum’s Imagination Station, and the American Prohibition Museum.
Parking and Transportation
- Street parking is Free along the streets of Savannah after 5pm on weekdays and all-day Sunday. Parking garage rates vary based on garage and are charged 7 days a week.
- 1-Day and 2-Day visitor passes can be purchased at parking services. Download the City of Savannah's ParkSmart guide to downtown parking.
- Fare Free DOT Express Shuttle: The shuttle serves 24 stops throughout the Historic District and runs every 20 minutes from 7am-9pm Monday through Saturday and 11am-9pm on Sunday, connecting to municipal parking facilities, Visitor Centers, the River Street Streetcar and Savannah Belles Ferry. To view individual Express Shuttle stops click here. To view a map of all Express Shuttle stops click here.
- Take a tour on Old Savannah Tours or Old Town Trolley: These sightseeing tours enable you to explore the Historic District with stops conveniently located near points of interest (like the Cathedral of St. John the Baptist, City Market, and River Street), unique shops & boutiques and many of Savannah's fabulous restaurants.
- Savannah Belles Ferry: Catch a free ride across the Savannah River 7 days a week, from 7 a.m. to Midnight from the Savannah International Trade & Convention Center Landing (on Hutchinson Island adjacent to the Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa) to City Hall Landing below City Hall adjacent to Hyatt Regency Savannah Hotel. Ferry vessels and landings are ADA accessible and service is free. Schedule can vary by landing.
The Best of Both Worlds
Located only 20 minutes from historic downtown Savannah is Tybee Island. Visitors and locals alike love to head to the beach, where you can escape from the city, get away, kick-back, relax, do nothing, and have fun! On Tybee you can get in touch with nature, history, and yourself. There are sights to see such as the historic Tybee Island Lightstation, the newly renovated Tybee history museum, the pier and pavilion, and many local galleries, shops, and restaurants. However, the main attraction is and will always be the sprawling beaches, beautiful sunsets, wonderful fresh seafood, and of course the people, that is, the 3500 locals who call Tybee home.
Tybee Vacation Rentals 2018/2019 Vacation Guide
Each year Tybee Vacation Rentals produces a printed recommendation guide to help our guests "Vacation with All the Comforts of Home." We invite you to review this guide prior to your arrival so you can pre-plan all of the fun things to do during your visit.