There are so many great activities that are coming up for Fall and Winter seasons here on Tybee and in Savannah that are perfect for all ages and interests. Sometimes it can be difficult to find information about all of the activities in one easy place so, we've put together a list of events that will be taking place in the coming months just for you! We hope you are able to experience a few of these great activities. Enjoy!
- September 1 - Labor Day Beach Bash - If you’ve been trying to decide what to do for Labor Day weekend, then why not join us for the Annual 2019 Labor Day Beach Bash on Tybee! The Labor Day Beach bash is the perfect way to ring out the end of the summer with a celebration. Enjoy the ocean breezes with your family and friends as live music fills the air from the Tybee Island Pier and Pavilion. Featuring live entertainment starting at 7 pm. Folks can enjoy the fireworks display from the pier, the beach or anywhere on the island. The fireworks show will blast off around 9:15 pm.
- September 7 - Cirque du Canines - Step right up, ladies and gents! Cirque du Canines, the Dog Circus, comes to the Tybee Post Theater stage. Featuring fantastic dog tricks, one-of-a-kind stunts, high-flying jumps and wall climbing fun, comedy, audience participation, and a dog-gone good time, all set to lively music.
This fun-filled show features Border Collies, Rat Terriers, Toy Poodles, Terrier Mixes, the Magical Poodles, Australian Shepherds and more. A one-hour show for audiences of all ages! You won’t believe your eyes. You’ll gasp at the Freestyle Frisbee Dogs and delight at all forms of canine tricks and treats. And when the show wraps, we’ll have Meet and Greet with the Dog Stars! Yes, last year we brought you the Amazing Acro-Cats. But the dog world was not to be outdone! So, puppy lovers, rejoice! Here comes Cirque du Canines, presented by SkyBound Canine Entertainment, this furry, fluffy four-legged dog circus tours the country from its home base in Gulf Breeze, FL.
- September 12 - Tybee Island Songwriters Festival/Opening Night - The first annual Tybee Island Songwriters Festival features three days of performances by some of the country’s top songwriters performing songs from their collection of No. 1 hits. The famed songwriters appearing at this opening evening include Grammy winner Richard Leigh, two-time Grammy nominee Archie Jordan and lead singer for Shenandoah Doug Stokes. Hall of Fame songwriter Leigh has penned nine No. 1 songs, including “Don’t It Make My Brown Eyes Blue,” “The Greatest Man I Never Knew,” “Somewhere in My Broken Heart,” and “Life’s Highway,” and many more. Another Hall of Fame songwriter, Jordan, has written eight No. 1 songs and his music has been recorded by more than 100 artists, including “What a Difference You Made in My Life,” “It Was Almost Like a Song,” and “Let’s Take the Long Way Around the World.” Stokes has more than 40 cuts to his name and is one of Nashville’s top demo singers and accompanied some of the biggest names in Nashville on vocals and percussion. It is the mission of TISF to bring together songwriters, artists, music industry professionals and the fans for the sharing in a love for music, the songs and the stories behind the songs by the songwriters themselves.
- September 14 - 6th Annual Coastal Empire Surf & Beach Festival - Surfers for Autism provides a fun, safe environment where our participants spend the day being guided into waves by an experienced team of volunteers, where the benefit is nearly impossible to describe. Children that are non-receptive to touch will bear hug surf instructors. Doors once closed are opened and parents leave with a new sense of hope and optimism. Depending on the location, the days activities may also include paddle boarding, live music, games, fire, engine painting and interactive exhibits. A catered lunch and water are also provided for the families. The event is open to the public and free to all.
- September 23 - 29 - Savannah Jazz Festival - Get ready for the sweet sounds of jazz to hit Savannah! The 2019 Savannah Jazz Festival celebrates jazz as a living art form—built on a constantly evolving tradition. The festival will offer all types of jazz, from Dixieland, traditional swing, straight‑ahead and bop to melodic standards and funky down‑home gutbucket blues. The Savannah Jazz Festival boasts the best in international, national, regional and local jazz talent. Produced and orchestrated by the Coastal Jazz Association for 37 years, investment is provided by the City of Savannah. Daily events and locations vary.
- October 5 - Annual Tybee ICE Hot Rod & Classic Car Show - Please join ICE Car Club for our 10th Annual Charity Car Show on beautiful Tybee Island, GA benefiting The American Foundation for Suicide Prevention, GA Chapter. Everyone is welcome…all makes & models…cars…bikes…trucks…new…old…we love them all!!! Stay tuned to our FB Page for updates & feel free to pre-register @ www.icecarclub.org A separate donation page that goes directly to the AFSP is up for anyone that can help click here.
- October 6 - Savannah Philharmonic's Picnic in the Park - Savannah's largest outdoor musical event, Picnic in the Park (PIP), attracts nearly 20,000 attendees to historic Forsyth Park each October to share in the camaraderie. Free and open to the public, this event is a true collaboration with the City of Savannah, Savannah-Chatham County Public School System, local colleges, and several corporate and community partners, as well as the 3rd ID and veteran groups.
- October 10 - 13 - Tybee Island Pirate Fest - The Tybee Island Pirate Festival began in 2005 with a small handful of individuals that were looking for a unique event to help boost visitation to the island in the off-season months. The first year was even more successful than the organizers, a non-profit called TybeeFest, even imagined it could be. With the support of many dedicated volunteers, The City of Tybee Island and its elected officials, the Tybee Tourism Council, and local businesses the event has grown in popularity each year.
- October 24 - 27 - Savannah Speed Classic - The Savannah Speed Classic features series races, enduros and in-seat experiences with hot lap rides and touring laps. Pit access is available to anyone with a Savannah Speed Classic ticket. The Savannah Speed Classic is a great destination for drivers, crew, family, friends and spectators alike.
- October 26 - November 2 - SCAD Savannah Film Festival - The Savannah College of Art and Design presents the annual festival, filled with cinematic creativity from both award-winning professionals and emerging student filmmakers. Each year more than 50,000 people attend the eight-day SCAD Savannah Film Festival. The festival is host to a wide variety of competition film screenings, special screenings, workshops, panels and lectures.
- October 27 - Shalom Y'all Jewish Food Festival - The festival draws about 10,000 attendees annually. Participants of all ages will enjoy a taste of ethnic Jewish cuisine as well as family entertainment including music and dance. There is no admission charge for the festival. Food purchases are by tickets, which are sold in advance at the temple office, and at the event (at full price). Gift items can be purchased by cash and by credit or debit card.
- November 2 - 3 - Rock ‘n’ Roll Savannah Marathon & 1/2 Marathon - Prepare to be charmed by the Hostess City of the South. The 2019 Rock ‘n’ Roll Savannah Marathon will be November 2-3, 2019! For more info click here.
- November 4 - 10 - Savannah Food & Wine Festival - Experience Savannah's own brand of southern hospitality at the Savannah Food and Wine Festival. Events include wine and spirit tastings, a bartender challenge, a celebrity chef tour, endless food tastings, a riverboat luncheon cruise, the Taste of Savannah and more!
- November 30 - Savannah Harbor Boat Parade of Lights - A Christmas parade, Savannah style! Over 40 lighted vessels parade both sides of the waterfront, accompanied by live music performances, tree lighting ceremony, and a fireworks extravaganza you won't want to miss!
- December 6 - Lights on for Tybee Celebration - You are invited to partake in the festive Island spirit as Mayor Buelterman lights the Christmas tree at the Roundabout.
- December 6 - Christmas on the River - Christmas on the River is held from December 6-8 and is open to the public. The events are family-friendly and Leukemia & Lymphoma Society is the charity partner.
- December 7 - Savannah's Annual Holiday Tour of Homes - This intimate tour experience allows guests to look behind the doors at stunning examples of Savannah grandeur.
- December 7 - Tybee Island Christmas Parade - The holiday season is a special time of year on Tybee and this parade has become a tradition that highlights the small town charm you only find here.
- December 26 - 30 - Holiday Evening Tours by Candlelight at the Davenport House - Glistening by candlelight, the Federal-style home welcomes visitors to an event emphasizing the end-of-year celebrations of early 19th century Savannahians, including the Davenport household, who lived in the fine brick home on Columbia Square.
- December 31 - 2020 New Years Eve Fireworks - Bring in 2020 with your friends and family on Savannah’s beach with a bang! Enjoy the New Year’s Eve Fireworks show launched from Tybee Island’s Walter W Parker Pier and Pavilion at the stroke of midnight.