Valentine's Day is just around the corner, so grab your sweetheart and plan a romantic getaway to reignite the spark of love. Travel to the South where days are mild, skies are frequently blue, and crowds are few. Start your trip in Savannah, GA where you and your sweetheart can enjoy a tranquil stay, while touring through the cobblestone paved streets of Historic Downtown Savannah. Grab your lover and take a scenic carriage ride under the Spanish moss draped oaks while enjoying each other’s company. When vacationing in Savannah, you'll find the days are longer and the nights are spicier!
If you and your lover prefer to escape from the city, venture down to the shorelines of the Atlantic and take a morning stroll along the sands of Tybee Island's beach. Fall deeper in love with your soulmate while listening to the soothing sounds of gentle waves traveling inland. The two of you can bask in the southern spirit of romance while watching the sun rise in the sky. Tybee Island is the perfect place to press pause on time and enjoy every minute of each other's company. With combined adventures throughout Tybee Island and Savannah, you and your mate will find numerous opportunities for alone time while enjoying a romantic getaway.
Interested in renting a unique location like Lighthouse Point 8C or Habersham 2 (both pictured above) for your romantic getaway? Give our vacation planners a call, they will assist you in finding the best vacation rental option for you. Don't forget to check out our specials page and book direct to save big on your vacation!
Here are a few suggestions of romantic adventures that you can have during your special getaway.
- Take a trip to the Tybee Island Lighthouse and Museum. Take a tour and check out the beautiful view of Tybee from atop the light.
- Take a peaceful walk on the McQueen’s Island Historic Trail.
- Rent a set of bikes from Tims Bike and Beach Gear and go for a nice long scenic ride around Tybee Island.
- Join the crew at Capt Mikes Dolphin Tours and take a sunset cruise or a scenic day cruise.
- Visit little Tybee Island which is only accessible by water crafts.
- Stop by Seaside Sweets (on the South End) or Sweetie Pie (on the North End) for some delicious ice cream, ice cream shakes and more.
- Visit Ft Pulaski! Visit the fort and learn about its important history and then enjoy a walk around the forts beautiful grounds.
- Visit Oatland Island Wildlife Center and walk through 160 acres of pristine maritime forest and encounter animals from over 40+ species.
- Stop by the Tybee Island Social Club for a delicious dinner for two.
- Plan a picnic on the beach.
- Stop by B.Matthews for a delightful dinner for two.
- Take one of Savannah River Boat cruises. There are day time and night cruises options.
- Take an Old Savannah Tours and explore what makes Savannah such a unique city.
- Check out a fabulous show at The Historic Savannah Theatre.
- Stop by Blowin' Smoke Southern Cantina for some BBQ with a Southwestern influence. Ask for a table for two on their outdoor open air dining room.
- Take a stroll down River Street and explore factors walk and discover the history of the Savannah River.
- Want to share an old fashioned ice cream soda, malted shake or just have a cone of your favorite ice cream then visit Leopolds Ice Cream.
- Visit Lulu’s Chocolate Bar for something sweet. From delicious desserts to wine, cocktails and even unique dessert cocktails.
- Take a quiet walk through the Bonaventure Cemetery. This storied 150-year-old cemetery, perched on the bluff overlooking the Wilmington River, is at once beautiful and haunting. The final resting place for may famous Savannahians, among them lyricist Johnny Mercer and poet Conrad Aiken, the 160-acre cemetery features striking monuments, elaborate burial vaults and grand live oak trees.
- Visit River Street Sweets and pick up a free praline sample for your significant other.
- Take a special carriage tour around Savannah. There is no better way to experience Savannah then in a romantic horse drawn carriage.