Nothing could be better than Spring Time in Savannah! The city is painted in blooms from our native azaleas and dogwood trees are covered in snowy white blossoms. The air is cool and the fountain and the beers are Green! When you travel to our fair city in March, “May your troubles be less, and your blessings are more, and nothing but happiness come through your door.” See what’s in store for this year’s St Patrick’s day Festival in Savannah, GA…
- February 17 - 18 - Savannah Irish Festival - Join Savannah for a fun-filled weekend with traditional Irish music, Irish dancing, food and plenty of fun and laughter.
- March 9 - Greening of the Fountain - Come to the north end of Forsyth Park to experience a special kind of Irish magic when the fountain water turns from clear to green. It is a unique and fun experience for all ages. The fountain turns green at 12 pm.
- March 10 – Tybee Island’s Irish Heritage Parade- Show your Irish pride at Tybee’s St. Patrick’s Day parade featuring local Irish families marching, bagpipers and more! The parade steps off at 3:00 pm – beginning at Memorial Park and ending on Strand Avenue.
- March 11 - Celtic Cross Mass - Event takes place at the Cathedral of St. John the Baptist at 11:30 am.
- March 11 - Celtic Cross Ceremony - Community members gather at the Savannah Celtic Cross in Emmet Park and lay a wreath down and share speeches about their heritage. The ceremony takes place at 1 pm.
- March 11 - Celtic Cross Reception - Event takes place in Emmet Park at 2:30 pm.
- March 16 - Sergeant William Jasper Ceremony - On the eve of the St. Patrick's Day Parade, the parade grand marshal and his aides recognize the contributions of the military by walking from Johnson Square down Bull Street to Madison Square, where they lay a wreath at the monument honoring Revolutionary War hero William Jasper. A band or two, usually bagpipers, will be playing during the event, and a 21-gun salute will be fired after 5 pm. The event takes place in Madison Square at 5 pm.
- March 17 - Mass - Feast of Saint Patrick - Event takes place at the Cathedral of St. John the Baptist at 8 am.
- March 16 - 18 - City Market Party - No city celebrates St. Patrick’s quite like Savannah. And nowhere else in town has a party quite like City Market. The outdoor party covers two spacious blocks and spills into surrounding restaurants, shops, and squares. Enjoy two days of entertainment and specials indoors and out (on two stages) starting at 10 am and ending at midnight. Not to be missed!
- March 17 - Savannah's St Patrick's Parade will start promptly at 10:15 am. Click here for the parade route. Wear your favorite green outfit and get ready for the biggest Savannah parade of the year! So get there early to get a spot – it is sure to be a huge crowd!
If you are planning to come to Savannah for St. Patrick's Day, consider staying on Tybee Island, for a great stay, away from the crowds with the beach just steps away from your door. It truly is the best of both worlds. Tybee Vacation Rentals Vacation Rentals Vacation Planners are standing by to help you find your perfect spot to relax after a day in Savannah!