If you are searching for a great cup of 'Joe' to start your morning or to keep you going while on Tybee head on over to the Tybean at Tybee Oaks shopping area, 1213 US Hwy 80 East, directly next to Huc-A-Poo's. They are open Tuesday - Friday, 7:30am-5pm, Saturday, 8am-5pm and Sunday, 8am-3pm (closed on Monday's). They offer free parking and WiFi along with indoor seating and an outdoor deck where you can sit and enjoy the coastal weather while enjoying a great cup. Rated the 'best coffee' on Tybee Island.
Tybean offers a wide variety of coffee drinks including a few of their own concoctions and specials. To name a few: Carolyn's Coconut Mocha, Laney's Salted Caramel Mocha, Joan's Toasted Marshmallow Mocha, Ewood's Raspberry White Chocolate Mocha and Peppermint Mocha. They also serve cold brew coffee, which is dark roasted blend coffee steeped for 16 hours in cold filtered water. You can try the "Sammy" which is black cold brew over ice or the "Libby" which is sweet vanilla brew over ice. Perfect for a hot day. They also serve good old regular coffee and decaf coffee as well. Not feeling like having coffee...they also feature a variety of hot chocolates, teas and chai teas as well as 100% fruit smoothies. Not to mention they offer delicious baked goods such as muffins, brownies and scones. Looking for something specific or varied just ask one of the baristas on duty and they will gladly help you out.
For those who may be a little unsure or need a refresher of what all the coffee terminology means, here is a quick and helpful review:
- Espresso – A sublime coffee beverage made by forcing hot water through tightly packed coffee grounds under very high pressure.
- Latte – Espresso slowly poured into a glass of steamed milk and topped with a thin layer of froth. It’s often dusted with cinnamon or nutmeg.
- Cappuccino – Cappuccino is a drink of thirds: one third espresso, one third steamed milk, and one third frothed milk.
- Mocha - An espresso based beverage consisting of chocolate, espresso, steamed milk, and a small amount of foam used to float the crema.
- Traditional Macchato - Espresso with a dollop of foam.
- Americano - Espresso and water.
- Breve - Espresso steamed half and half.
- Frappes - Frosty blended frappes made with fresh whole milk, flavors and coffee.
- Chai Latte - Black tea & spices with steamed milk.
- Dirty Chai Latte - Black tea, spices with steamed milk and a shot of espresso.
So stop on by Tybean and have an old favorite or try something new today! Check out Tybean for more information.