Nothing could be better than Spring Time in Savannah! The city is painted in blooms from our native azaleias and dogwood trees are covered in snowy white blossoms. The air is cool and the fountain and the beers are Green! When you travel to our fair city in March, “May your troubles be less, and your blessings be more, and nothing but happiness come through your door.” See what’s in store for this year’s St Patrick’s day Festival in Savnnah, GA…
- February 17 - 19 - Savannah Irish Festival - Join Savannah for a fun-filled weekend with traditional Irish music, Irish dancing, food and plenty of fun and laughter.
- March 10 - Greening of the Fountain - Come to the north end of Forsyth Park to experience a special kind of Irish magic when the fountain water turns from clear to green. It is a unique and fun experience for all ages. The fountain turns green at 12pm.
- March 11 – Tybee Island’s Irish Heritage Parade- Show your Irish pride at Tybee’s St. Patrick’s Day parade featuring local Irish families marching, bagpipers and more! Parade steps off at 3:00 pm – beginning at Memorial Park and ending on Strand Avenue.
- March 11 - Tara Feis Irish Celebration - The family-friendly feis (pron. FESH) – or festival – will be a feast for the eyes, ears and palate, with live performances, food, art activities, crafts and games hosted with Irish ceremony, tradition and hospitality. The festival will feature The Outside Track performance. This is a free, non-alcoholic event geared towards families and children. Event takes place in Emmet Park. 11am-5pm.
- March 12 - Celtic Cross Mass - Event takes place at the Cathedral of St. John the Baptist at 11:30am.
- March 12 - Celtic Cross Ceremony - Community members gather at the Savannah Celtic Cross in Emmet Park and lay a wreaths down and share a speeches about their heritage. The ceremony takes place at 1pm.
- March 12 - Celtic Cross Reception - Event takes place in Emmet Park at 2:30pm.
- March 16 - Sergeant William Jasper Ceremony - On the eve of the St. Patrick's Day Parade, the parade grand marshal and his aides recognize the contributions of the military by walking from Johnson Square down Bull Street to Madison Square, where they lay a wreath at the monument honoring Revolutionary War hero William Jasper. A band or two, usually bagpipers, will be playing during the event, and a 21-gun salute will be fired after 5pm. Event takes place in Madison Square at 5pm.
- March 17 - Mass - Feast of Saint Patrick - Event takes place at the Cathedral of St. John the Baptist at 8am.
- March 17 - 19 - City Market Party - No city celebrates St. Patrick’s quite like Savannah. And nowhere else in town has a party quite like City Market. The outdoor party covers two spacious blocks and spills into surrounding restaurants, shops and squares. Enjoy three days of entertainment and specials indoors and out (on two stages) starting at 10 am and ending at midnight. Not to be missed!
- March 17 - Savannah's St Patrick's Parade will start promptly at 10:15am. Click here for the parade route. Wear your favorite green outfit and get ready for the biggest Savannah parade of the year! So get there early to get a spot – it is sure to be a huge crowd!
- March 25 - Irish Road Bowling Tournament - Hutchinson Island (Across the river, on the old race track) Road Bowling is an Irish sport in which competitors attempt to take the fewest throws to propel a metal ball along a predetermined course of country roads.
If you are staying on Tybee, and want to attend the Savannah Festivities, Old Savannah Tours is offering a St. Patrick's Shuttle to and from Savannah From Tybee Island! The shuttle will run
Thursday - Saturday. Pick ups will be at the Tybee Lighthouse, Desoto Beach Club, Hotel Tybee and River's End Campground. Only $15 one way, and $20 round Trip (per person, cash only).
- Thursday March 16 - 6:00pm - 12:00am Continuous run every 30 minutes. Last return shuttle leaves at 11:45pm.
- Friday March 17 - 6:00am - 3:00am Continuous run every 30 minutes. Last return shuttle leaves at 2:45am.
- Saturday March 18 - 12:00pm - 2:00am Continuous run every 30 minutes. Last return shuttle leaves at 2:45am.