Trying to plan a delightful and romantic adventure? Well, we are here to help! You only need three things to have a romantic adventure:
1. Your significant other
2. A getaway location (Tybee or Savannah)
3. Romantic Attractions.
Tybee is a beautiful island and what could be more romantic than a beach getaway on our shores! We have handpicked a few of our rentals that are perfect for a couples weekend or vacation. We have also included our top 10 amazing options that Tybee and Savannah offer to create a memorable romantic adventure.
- Visit the Tybee Island Lighthouse and climb the total of 178 steps to the top and enjoy an amazing view from the top!
- Plan a picnic at the beach. Or have a delightful picnic at Memorial Park or Jaycee Park with less sand than the beach. Park information and attributes. Just put together a few of your favorite foods and a blanket to sit on.
- Have a romantic dinner at one of Tybee's and Savannah's many unique restaurants. Dining on Tybee and Dining in Savannah.
- Take a scenic bike ride for two around Tybee's many bike paths or on the beach. Don't have a bike? You can easily rent one from Tim's Bike and Beach Gear or Fat Tire Bikes.
- Take a nice walk on the beach and collect a few shells for the perfect memento for your trip. Looking for a few great craft ideas using shells and assorted beach materials? Then check out our Beachy Craft Pinterest Board. All of the beaches on Tybee are great for shell enthusiasts but the best area is North Beach near the lighthouse. Be sure to check out the Pier and Pavilion on Tybee's South end.
- Experience one of Tybee's spectacular sunrises or sunsets! The best place to watch a Tybee sunrise is on the south end of Tybee near the pier. While the best places to watch a sunset are near North Beach and along the Back River.
- Tybee is home to a number of beautiful and interesting Georgia birds such as the Egret, Heron (9 varieties), Woodstork, White Ibis and more. So take a stroll, a hike or scenic adventure and enjoy the beauty of nature with your loved one.
- Schedule a photo session with Blu Owl Photography. Blu Owl Photography takes a fresh innovated approach to beach portraits and they have a true artistic eye which helps to capture amazing photos that celebrate your uniqueness.
- Take an afternoon to wind down with a Couple's Massage from Spa Bleu. You and your sweetheart will be pampered with a variety of European and traditional, organic spa treatments that will allow you to slip away and release the tensions of the outside world.
- Hop aboard on of the many Savannah Riverboat Cruises. Experience refreshing river breezes on a sightseeing harbor tour, delicious local southern flavors, cultural entertainment, fun filled dinner, magical moonlight, and lavish brunches. Offering cruises daily. Two of the most romantic are the Sunset Cruise and the Saturday Moonlight Cruise. But all are amazing to experience.
Below are a few of our romantic retreat homes, cottages, and condos that are perfect for a couples retreat.
Gull Cottage - Gull Cottage is an adorable 1920's honeymoon cottage located just steps from the Back River beach. Perfect for a romantic getaway! Watch breathtaking sunsets, go fishing on the beach and pier, or just relax on the sand.
Chimney Pot Cottage - In this popular marsh-front cottage with a private dock you can enjoy privacy and serenity in a relaxing atmosphere thanks to the home being located on over 1 acre. Great views will surround you thanks to the cottage being situated right on a tidal creek. You will enjoy quiet seclusion, fishing, and excellent bird watching,
Ocean Song #332 - Is a top floor condo featuring breathtaking views of the Atlantic Ocean along with great sunrises.
Habersham 1 - Stay right in the heart of downtown Savannah. This two-story spacious apartment in the historic Paul Hamilton Williams House, built in 1791, offers classic charm in an urban setting.
Waldburg Retreat - Waldburg Retreat is a charming garden level apartment located just a short 2.5 block stroll to Forsyth Park. This apartment offers guests a beautifully decorated home away from home in Historic Savannah.
Little House - An adorable cottage located only 90 yards, less than 1 block, to the beach on the south end of Tybee. It has a lovely covered front deck to enjoy the fresh air or dine al fresco.
Creekside Captains Retreat - Enjoy beautiful views of the creek, salt marsh, and sunsets from Creekside Captains Retreat, a uniquely built vacation home which is set back only 5 feet from Horsepen Creek. This one of a kind home was built to mimic the inside of a ship and offers many special touches from the woodwork to the doors, high ceilings, and decking.
Mellow Yellow - A renovated single family cottage that offers a great modern feel and lots of character. This home is situated on a quiet street on the North End of Tybee. You can enjoy a restful vacation experience without giving up convenience.
Kahuna Kabana - A one bedroom retreat is perfect for a couples retreat. This apartment is located on the beachside of Butler Avenue and is only steps to the beach, the 5th home back to be exact.
Surf Puppy - This updated 1950’s beach cottage is tucked back on a quiet residential street only 3 blocks from the main beach, shopping and restaurants. Surf Puppy has been restored to reflect the fun of the era with all the modern amenities of today.