Please DO NOT use GPS or any mapping website to navigate to our office as they plot our location incorrectly. We have created this downloadable map and direction sheet to make finding us a breeze.
To get to Tybee via I-95 heading South:
1. If you enter Savannah on I-95 South, stay on I-95 until exit 5 on to US 17 (Coastal Hwy).
2. Continue heading towards Savannah on US 17 S. Road changes name to US 17A. (Be sure not to speed in Hardeeville.)
3. You will cross the Talmadge Bridge into Savannah and exit on to Oglethorpe Ave.
4. Continue on Oglethorpe Ave. about 8 blocks/approx 1 mile, until you get to East Broad St.
5. Take a left on East Broad. Go 1 block, to first light. Take right at light on to President St./Islands Expressway.
6. Follow directions below from Islands Expressway to the TVR office.
To get to Tybee via I-95 heading North:
1. If you enter Savannah on I-95 North, stay on I-95 until exit on to I-16 East.
2. Follow directions below from I-16 East.
To get to Tybee via I-16 East:
1. Stay on I-16 until you get to Savannah - Exit onto MLK Street ramp.
2. Take a left onto MLK. Follow MLK to Bay Street.
3. Take a right onto Bay Street. Continue to end where it meets intersection of Bay Street and East Broad St; Turn right onto East Broad St
4. Continue to the light, at President Street; turn left onto President St/Islands Expressway.
5. Follow directions below from Island Expressway to the TVR office.
Directions from Islands Expressway to the TVR office:
1. Continue on Islands Expressway approx 5 miles. You will reach an overpass that will merge you on to HWY 80 east. (If you need to pick up groceries/etc. take a right exit before the overpass, then an immediate left and there is a Publix Grocery Store & Wal-Mart across HWY 80.)
2. Keep heading east on HWY 80. You will go over 3 bridges, the third means you are on Tybee.
3. Once you get on Tybee Island, continue on Hwy 80 approx 1.5 miles.
4. Our office is located at 1010 Hwy 80, on the right hand side of the street, approx. 1/4 mile after the median ends. Look for a pink sign with a sunshine on it and the big grey office building with pink shutters on the right. Take a right into our parking lot.
5. If you get to a traffic light you have passed the office and will need to turn around.
Distance By Car:
Tybee Island is located 20 minutes from the Savannah Historic district.
The following is mileage to Tybee Island from other cities:
Atlanta, GA 265
Athens, GA 242
Augusta, GA 158
Columbus, GA 266
Charleston, SC 126
Charlotte, NC 270
Hilton Head, SC 59
Jacksonville, FL 151
Knoxville, TN 434
Macon, GA 183
Orlando, FL 296
I-95 is the major north/south interstate from New England to Miami and is just 10 miles from Savannah's Historic District, and about 28 miles to Tybee Island.
I-16 is the major east/west interstate leading to Savannah from Macon and Atlanta.
By Air - Savannah International Airport
The airport is about 20 minutes to the Savannah historic district, and about 40 minutes to Tybee. The airport offers about 40 direct flights departing daily.
400 Airways Ave., Savannah, 31408
By Bus - Greyhound Bus Lines
610 W. Oglethorpe Ave., Savannah, 31401
phone: 912.232.2135 or 800.231.2222
Savannah is a regular stop on Greyhound routes, both for passengers and next-day Florida-Georgia package service.
By Rail - Amtrak
2611 Seaboard Coastline Drive, Savannah, 31415
Savannah is a major stop on Amtrak's Atlantic Coast Service between New York and Miami. Daily service to and from Savannah is available.
Car Rental Companies
Alamo - 912.964.7364
Avis - 912.964.1781
Budget - 912.964.4600
Economy Rent-A-Car - 912.352.7042
Enterprise Rent-A-Car - 912.920.1093
Hertz - 912.964.9595
National - 912.964.1771
Thrifty - 912.966.2277
Taxi Cab Companies
Crab Cab Company - 912.786.2722 (Located on Tybee Island)
Yellow Cab - 912.236.1133
MC Transportation - 912.786.9191
Golf Cart Rental and Shuttles
Breezy Riders - 912.665.9988
Island Hoppers - 912.656.0805
Tybee Turtle Transit - 361-TURTLES (361.887.8537)
The Cat Shuttle
This free and convenient shuttle has several stops throughout Savannah's Historic District including shops, attractions, hotels and more. All shuttles are climate-controlled and wheelchair accessible.
DOT is Savannah's fare free downtown transportation system and includes the Express Shuttle serving 12 stops around the historic district, the River Street Streetcar, and the Savannah Belles Ferry. Both the Express Shuttle and Streetcar are fully ADA-Accessible.