On May 1, 2020, Tybee Beaches and vacation rentals were opened without restrictions. Businesses and restaurants are open to varying degrees, and more continue to open weekly. Because restaurants are adapting to new policies and restrictions, the wait time can be quite long for both dine-in and carry out service. Guests should plan accordingly for wait times or plan ahead to prepare meals in the comfort of your vacation home.
Our local Guest Services Agents are here to help you answer any questions you may have 7 days a week. Please call at 866.935.4021, chat, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance. We continue to make updates to our website to address our guest's most frequently asked questions.
HOUSE CLEANING AND LINEN STANDARDS
Cleanliness has always been a top priority. The TVR housekeeping staff is trained to use the best hygiene practices focusing on sanitization and disinfection. We clean “high touch” items, hard surfaces, floors, countertops, railings, sink faucets, appliances, doorknobs, light switches, and other surfaces.
Our housekeeping team and linen facility utilize high-quality products, including chemicals and disinfectants that are effective against bacteria and viruses per EPA guidelines. Linens and towels are laundered offsite at our professional laundry which utilizes advanced Ozone Laundry Disinfection Systems. Our team is committed to following the best practices and proven cleaning protocols at all times for the safety of our guests and our employees. Click here for more information on TVR's housekeeping and linen standards.
BOOKING AND CANCELLATION POLICIES - YOUR TRAVEL FLEXIBILITY
Policy updates effective June 30, 2020.
Existing Summer 2020 Reservations (May – September): Tybee beaches are open and as of May 1st we have been welcoming guests on both Tybee Island and in Savannah. Guests with questions or concerns regarding cancellation policies for reservations should contact TVR Guest Services.
We ask that if you have determined you will not be able to travel for your stay to please contact us to cancel as soon as possible.
- New Reservations - Valid for stays booked on or after March 19
Arrivals June 1 - September 30, 2020: New short term reservations will have the ability to cancel prior to 15 days before arrival. Guests choosing to cancel their stay during this time can receive a 100% travel credit* to use on a future stay within a year of their original dates, no refunds options will be available. Reservations canceled on or after the final payment due date will be subject to our standard cancellation policy as noted in your rental agreement.
Arrivals beginning October 1, 2020: Our standard cancellation policy remains in effect for all reservations arriving beginning October 1, 2020.
Special Terms For Cancellations with Credits: Credit may be applied to a reservation with an arrival date up to one (1) year after the original reservation. All credits should be applied to a reschedule reservation no later than December 31, 2020, after this time the credit amount is forfeited. All rescheduled reservations are considered non-refundable, no matter the cause, even if the dates are re-rented. Credits are not transferable. After dates are rescheduled no further dates changes may be made. Rescheduled bookings should be in the same property as originally reserved in order for credit to be applied.
Cancellations with a Generali/CSA Trip Insurance Policy: Guests who purchased travel insurance through TVR and cancel or receive credit may request a voucher for their trip insurance policy to be used on a future stay. Currently valid on reservations through May 31, 2020. For additional details and to apply for your voucher, click here.
DISCOUNTED EXTENDED STAYS & COMPETITIVE NIGHTLY RATES
We’re discounting stays of 14 days or more for guests who can easily work remotely or are in need of privacy and distance, or maybe just a change in scenery. All of our homes are equipped with WiFi, full kitchens, and most with on-site laundry facilities. We welcome you to live like a local in one of our digitally-friendly, professionally-cleaned homes or condos in a beautiful location, with all of the comforts of home. We’ve also implemented competitive nightly rates for guests looking for shorter stays. Contact one of our local Vacation Planners to help you find the perfect property to meet your needs and budget.
This information was last updated on June 30, 2020.
Please also make sure to review our Frequently Asked Questions page.
- Short Term Vacation Rentals, Hotels, and the Tybee Campground are open.
- Tybee Island Beach is open. All restrictions on the use of the beach have been lifted. Lifeguard season starts Friday, May 22nd. Please remember to stay off the dunes. It is unlawful for any person to pick, gather, remove, walk-in, or otherwise disturb the vegetation present on the sand dunes, including sea oats. It's sea turtle nesting season. Please restrict the use of the lights on the beach at night and do not disturb marked nests. Should you discover an unmarked nest contact Tybee Marine Science Center at 912.786.5917.
- The City of Tybee and The City of Savannah along with local businesses and restaurants in each city are open. Restaurants, bars, nightclubs, and performance venues are open to varying degrees. Because businesses have restrictions, including restrictions on the number of persons allowed at one time, wait time can be quite long. Guests should plan for meals at your vacation home and bring the food and provisions for meal preparation. For status of events and businesses Click here for our most updated list of known closures and cancellations.
- Social Distancing, Gatherings, and Face Coverings: Current orders from the Georgia Governor require social distancing, bans gatherings of more than 50 people unless there are six feet between each person, and use of a face mask in close public spaces such as grocery stores, restaurants, and stores is highly recommended. Savannah Mayor Van Johnson has mandated the wearing of a face covering in public spaces outdoor and indoor in the City of Savannah, effective at 8 am July 1 and is punishable by a fine up to $500. Any person otherwise unable to wear a mask for whatever reasons is exempt. Face coverings are not required when someone is alone or with other household members; when eating, drinking, or smoking; actively exercising outdoors; or for children 10 years or younger. Tybee Island does not require face masks at this time.
POOLS AND HOT TUBS
Homes with private pools and hot tubes will be cleaned and ready for you to enjoy. All of our pools and hot tub properties are on a routine pool cleaning schedule. A skimmer is provided to help in between services or if we have any weather that may result in excessive debris. For safety reasons, pool services not available while guests are present at the pool. Guests are asked to leave the pool area so the tech can perform the service safely.
Condo/Resort pools are open in varying degrees depending on complex:
- Bay View Villas: Pool is open.
- Brass Rail Villas: Pool is open.
- Beachside Colony: Pool is open.
- Beach and Racquet Club: Pool is open.
- Captains Watch - Pool is closed
- Lighthouse Point: Pool is open.
HOA's will continue monitoring pool activities along with implementing occupancy limits, restrictions and daily cleaning/sanitizing processes. Please email us at email@example.com for questions regarding specific complex pools.
WHAT YOU CAN DO TO STAY HEALTHY DURING YOUR VISIT
Your property will be clean and sanitized prior to your arrival, however, you may choose to take further precautions. While Tybee Vacation Rentals has high standards of cleaning, some guests may choose to perform additional cleaning upon arrival. Please be prepared to bring your own cleaning supplies and disinfectant products. The CDC recommends all households consider cleaning and disinfecting "high-touch" surfaces daily in shared household areas (e.g., tables, hard-backed chairs, doorknobs, light switches, remotes, handles, desks, toilets, sinks). As has been recommended by many authorities, wash your hands often, avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
STAY CALM AND BE PREPARED
Get your information from reliable and accurate sources such as:
City of Tybee Island Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/cityoftybeeisland
City of Savannah Government Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/cityofsavannah
State of Georgia: https://dph.georgia.gov/
Chatham County: https://www.gachd.org/local-covid-19-information/
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: https://www.cdc.gov/
Federal Emergency Management Agency: https://www.fema.gov/